Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Recipe : IKEA Swedish Meatballs
With IKEA stores closed, the company recently released its famous meatballs recipe to the delight of young and old. Simple recipe, have fun recreating it at home! Enjoy your meal !
This is what you need (30–40 meatballs, serves 4):
- 250 g minced beef
- 250 g minced pork
- 1 egg
- 200–300 mL cream (or milk) and water
- 2½ tbsp fine chopped onion
- 50mL unsweetened rusk (plain) flour
- 2 boiled potatoes, cold
- 4–5 tbsp butter, margarine or oil
- white pepper
- (allspice) - (connu sous Piment de la Jamaïque)
This is what you need (cream sauce, serves 4):
- 100 mL double cream
- 200 mL water or beef stock
- white pepper
- (1 tbsp white flour)
This is how you do it (Meatballs):
- Heat the onion until golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
- Mash the potatoes and moisten the rusk flour in a little water.
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth farce and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) finecrushed allspice.
- Shape the farce into round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board, then fry them quite slowly in plenty of butter.
This is how you do it (cream sauce) :
- Swirl out the pan with a couple of decilitres of boiling water or meat stock.
- (Note : 1 décilitre = 100 mL)
- Strain the pan juices and dilute with cream. Thicken with white flour if preferred.
- Season well, and serve this and the meatballs with freshly boiled potatoes, lingonberry jam, a green salad and salted or pickled gherkins.
Bon appétit !
Source : IKEA.com